At Genospace, our mission is to be the leading information platform for applied precision medicine
Working from our headquarters in Boston, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology, and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is a group of talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for a Vice President of Engineering to lead the technical activities and team members within the company. This role will have broad responsibility for leading the software engineering program and platform operations, while facilitating collaboration between product, UX design, data science, and clinical/business teams.
As the senior technology leader on the team, the VP will be expected to remain at the forefront of innovation in our industry. The successful candidate will build, develop, and lead diverse and inclusive technical teams to fuel innovative product development. The VP will represent technology perspectives and translate the technical implications of business decisions. Above all, the VP will work closely with the President to ensure stability, scalability, security, and growth of the Genospace team, product, and business.
As the Vice President of Engineering, you will serve in 4 core roles:
- Build and maintain a culture of speed, excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open communication
- Coach and mentor team members through weekly 1:1s, regular career development conversations, quarterly check-ins, and year-end assessments
- Empower team members to perform at the highest level through positive reinforcement and clear expectations
- Support and encourage all technical team members to grow their careers through professional development and advancement opportunities
- Exemplify exceptional leadership and mentor emerging technical team leaders
- Recruit world-class technical talent with deliberate and effective hiring strategies; identify and resolve drag when necessary
- Define a vision for meeting current and future software development and technology needs
- Monitor activities and costs related to the utilization of technical teams and resources
- Comprehend and communicate complex, technical subjects, translating technical language to lay audiences
- Understand and remain up to date with industry trends and innovations, from both:
- A software development perspective, especially in regard to emerging technologies in web-based software
- An industry and business perspective, including healthcare, life sciences, and genomics
- Educate and advocate for the role of emerging technical solutions in the healthcare and genomics space, particularly regarding opportunities for Genospace to impact patients through our partnerships with Sarah Cannon and HCA Healthcare
- Stay abreast of overarching business and legal requirements of the company
- Assist with business development activities as needed
- Own the Genospace software development methodology and ensure operational excellence at every level
- Work with stakeholders across the company to prioritize the product roadmap and associated resources to ensure the technical team is moving in lockstep with the business
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of information and technology systems
- Monitor the health and productivity of our engineering program; identify early indicators of when progress is not on track and act to resolve issues
- Make sure the technical team can make excellent technical and architectural decisions and progress with minimal bottlenecks
- Represent technology interests in internal and external meetings at the macro and micro level
- Research and define emerging technologies for sustainable growth
Technical Standards and Security
What We’re Looking For:
- Assume responsibility for the integrity of the Genospace platform and ensure its security and privacy
- Lead security engineering and architecture decisions; ensure system stability, scalability, and security
- Develop and maintain platform architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software, and interconnection
- Safeguard patient information by ensuring that Genospace is current with security guidelines for information systems
Education & Background:
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with the following, in a product-driven environment:
- Software development and architecture, especially web-based software and cloud-based infrastructure, and a deep familiarity with modern architectures, frameworks, languages, and approaches to solving engineering problems
- Experience applying SRE practices
- Technology delivery, including architecture, engineering practices, performance, reliability, delivery, quality, and security
- Agile principles, with the ability to assist cross-functional teams in working collaboratively and effectively
- Machine learning, data science, and analytics
- Machine learning engineering
- Information security and security engineering, including an understanding of cybersecurity concepts and the role of information security
- Experience building, leading, and inspiring high-performing technical teams
- Superb written and verbal communications
- Ability to take ownership and execute consistently at a high level, following through on deliverables and commitments
- Passion for fast-paced, rapidly evolving, creative environments
- Experience leading an agile software program in a 21CFRPart 11 validated environment will be highly valued
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Prior experience in life sciences and/or healthcare highly desirable
Genospace, a cloud-based software company located in Boston, is a leading information platform for applied precision medicine, delivering a variety of applications and services related to clinical trials, and specializing in data integration, modeling, analysis, interpretation, visualization and collaboration. As the precision medicine platform of Sarah Cannon, we are part of a global network of experts making an impact on the future of cancer therapies. Sarah Cannon’s partnership with GenoSpace advances our mission of bringing innovative technologies and access to clinical trials into the community to transform standards of care for patients. Genospace, with Sarah Cannon, is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Vice President of Engineering opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.