We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At PatientKeeper/HCA Healthcare we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Last year alone, our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As the Director, Project Management Office, you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
At PatientKeeper, we are leading the healthcare industry in creating desktop and mobile point-of-care applications that put information in the hands of providers when and where they need it.
Reporting to the Vice President of Services, the Director PMO will be responsible for a variety of functions in the project management organization, including: a) personnel oversight of project management team and, b) project portfolio management and c) Statement of Work process management. In this role, you will also work with the services leadership team in the design of project and implementation methodology and standards. You will be responsible for the standardization and monitoring of PMO standards and procedures for all PatientKeeper implementation projects.
Location of the position will be in PatientKeeper’s corporate office in Waltham, MA.
Project Management Oversight Responsibilities
- Responsible for effective coordination of multiple projects and their interdependencies, ensuring that the projects are completed according to defined standards
- Identify the business needs of key projects, and ensures that project managers meet those needs
- Monitor the communication and reporting structures for all clinical implementation projects
- Responsible for career development, performance management and review process for Project Managers
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching on project specific tasks as well as individual professional development.
- Ability to see, account for, and coach others in the “big picture” as well as the details and to be able to tie initiatives to company goals
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to and lead, change, and coach others in the acceptance and support of change
- Ensures adherence to process standards, procedures and project documentation standards
Project Portfolio Management Responsibilities:
- Advises leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the project portfolio, status and resource planning
- Manages project slotting process for appropriate project resources based on availability and utilization (project managers, implementation consultants, integration engineers and others as necessary)
- Ensures project risks, issues and status are identified and communicated as necessary
- Presents information on projects and initiatives to leadership as necessary
- Ensures project assignments are accurate and updated weekly
- Perform activities surrounding project budget analysis, control and reporting, including:
- ensuring project change orders are entered timely and correctly;
- project effort estimates are up to date and complete;
- and ensuring project deliverables are met
- Perform activities surrounding utilization analysis, including:
- determining the resource needs for pipeline projects
- matching labor supply to project demand to determine labor shortages and overages
SOW Process Management
- Manages creation of Statements of Work for new and add-on services projects
- Analyzes actual delivery patterns and updates services pricing model accordingly
- Work with services leadership to develop an efficient and effective project methodology
- Ensure the methodology is properly documented and standards are followed
- Ensure all new employees are effectively trained on the methodology
- Excellent business process analysis skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong motivation & team orientation
- A desire to learn new skills & technologies
- Microsoft Office applications knowledge
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills; flexibility and high level of initiative
- Highly organized with attention to detail, execution and follow-through
- Knowledge of health care industry required
- Understanding of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles within the organization
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegate
- Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Strong project management/process background, 7-10 years experience working in a professional services organization with a wide variety of methodologies, able to help lead general process direction
- PMI certification preferred
- Experience implementing clinically oriented software solutions or experience with healthcare IT systems
- Project methodology and/or software lifecycle experience required
- Experience managing staff
PatientKeeper is a leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians. Our mission is to make IT an indispensable tool for 21st century of clinical care.
HCA Healthcare, our parent company, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising more than 180 hospitals and approximately 2,000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 21 states and the United Kingdom. With more than 280,000 colleagues driven by one purpose—to give patients healthier tomorrows—we are excited about the future of medicine and believe we are uniquely positioned to play a leading role in the transformation of clinical care.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Project Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.