Last year alone, our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As the Director of DevOps you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At PatientKeeper/HCA Healthcare we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match [3%-9% of pay based on years of service])
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. Unlock your potential here!
The team at PatientKeeper develops and maintains a unique suite of applications that physicians use to take care of their patients. What’s so unique? In an industry where EMRs are viewed by many physicians as barrier to care, physicians love their PatientKeeper. Our applications are based on modern UI and technology standards (Java Stack, Native Swift iOS, Native Java Android).
We are seeking a Director of DevOps who will be responsible for the selection, architecture and implementation of the tools and processes that enable rapid software development, deployment, scalability and resilience. These tools and processes will support our current on-premise software delivery model and our rapid transition to a multi-tenant cloud solution. We need an individual who has hands on experience transitioning an organization from an on-premise model to a hybrid model. Experience with multi-cloud and service meshes is a huge plus since we are looking to minimize what we deploy across 70+ client implementations to simplify maintenance and minimize the barrier of entry for our solution.
- Substantial cloud experience, Azure/GCP is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery patterns
- Solid understanding of security best practices and OWASP guidelines
- Experience with code scanning & security tools (e.g CodeQL or SonarQube)
- Experience and strong knowledge of container eco-system, preferably kubernetes
- Used some form of config management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with a service mesh, preferably Istio
- Experience with an auto-scaling architecture
- Comfortable owning processes and tools for deploying to production and scaling
- Understands great things are accomplished when teams work together
- Ability to influence development teams and senior stakeholders to gain support for delivering solutions
- Takes pride in their craft
- Made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, learned from them
- Comfortable and enjoys mentoring others in different skill sets
- Supported something he/she implemented
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with engineering, infrastructure & services teams to design and build frameworks that support on-premise, hybrid and cloud delivery models for the PatientKeeper solution
- Design and architect modular, extensible CI/CD pipelines that abstract organization requirements and common concerns while allowing engineering teams to scale as needed
- Prototype, build and alpha/beta test solutions with a fast feedback loop
- Provide self-service, modular pipelines to improve application lifecycle management
- Instrument pipelines and leverage metrics to improve adoption and efficiency
- Evangelize and socialize the framework with various engineering teams
- Set up documentation, guides and tutorials
- Design and develop Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) framework for private and hybrid cloud deployment models
- Setup best practices and build standard architectures
- Evangelize and support working with provisioning teams
- Work with infrastructure, engineering and services teams to
- Perform POC's on vendor products and define standards
- Capture, design and build requirements for reliability, availability and uptime
- Reduce cloud costs and improve scalability and uptime
- Ensure our solutions meet all established policies
- Recruit, mentor and manage an agile engineering team
- Automate yourself and others out of common tasks
- Collaborate on white papers, documentation, and presentations for use within and external to the organization
- Responsible for growing, coaching and mentoring engineers and/or other technical team members
- Serves as a key agent for supporting the development of an overall competency in key technologies, disciplines and architecture
- Provide mentoring and guidance on technical and architectural direction, methodology, design, and reuse
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education or experience
- Ability to communicate complex concepts
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within the organization
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills with excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Some travel may be required but generally less than 10%
PatientKeeper is a leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians. Our mission is to make IT an indispensable tool for 21st century of clinical care.
Our parent company, HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising more than 180 hospitals and approximately 2,000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 21 states and the United Kingdom. With more than 280,000 colleagues driven by one purpose—to give patients healthier tomorrows—we are excited about the future of medicine and believe we are uniquely positioned to play a leading role in the transformation of clinical care.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.