a leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians, is now part of
HCA Healthcare, the largest provider of healthcare services in the U.S. With growth comes
new opportunity, so we are searching
for Senior Software Engineer, Java to
join our Engineering team.
The team develops and maintains J2EE based Web
applications and Mobile applications (iOS, Android) for the healthcare
industry. We develop and maintain a unique suite of applications that
physicians use to take care of their patients.
What is so unique? In an industry
where EMRs are viewed by many physicians as barrier to care, physicians love
their PatientKeeper. Our applications
are based on modern UI and technology standards (Java Stack, Native Swift iOS,
Native Java Android).
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Software
Engineer’s primary responsibility is to design, implement and support UI
and some server-side business logic for PatientKeeper’s industry leading
In this role, you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages
you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions
for complex business problems. You will actively participate in on-going new
feature/architecture designs and product enhancements. You are able to
quickly learn complex and concepts and use your extensive experience/knowledge
to recognize areas for improvement.
- Seasoned developer with 8+ years of experience designing and
building Web applications on J2EE platform with passion for building high
performing, scalable, and user friendly solutions.
- Have experience and appreciation for working in high-paced Agile
- Detail-oriented and thorough in interpreting requirements.
- Knowledgeable of and have solid understanding of Object Oriented
concepts, web application development best practices, design patterns, and
- Cognizant of software design’s and implementation choices’ impact
on application performance and maintainability.
- Current with emerging Web technologies.
- Able to work individually and as part of a diverse team.
- Capable of mentoring junior developers.
- Design and develop new industry-leading products.
- Enhance and maintain our current applications from the standpoint
of performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Engage in full stack development leveraging technologies such
as J2EE, REST Web Services, Spring MVC, HTML, XML, CSS, JQuery, Dojo,
- Actively participate in the effort defining development best practices,
facilitate code reviews and process improvements.
- Champion building high quality software using test driven
development practices in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 8+ years of progressive web application development experience
implementing robust scalable cross-browser solutions.
- Exceptional Java skills and object-oriented design experience.
- Experience designing and implementing J2EE web applications with
highly optimized and scalable architecture.
similar, AJAX, Hibernate, SQL.
- Experience with concepts and tools for performance tuning and
optimization, memory analysis and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of the relational database technologies.
- Experience with Spring MVC, Web Security, multithreading, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For more information about this opportunity and PatientKeeper,
visit us at https://patientkeepercareers.com/careers/search.dot
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States